Latest updates in bold
Grants & Loans
- NFIB Guide to New Federal Lending Options
- Small Business Administration Disaster Loan Assistance
- Guidance for Applying for Maryland COVID-19 Grant and Loan Funds for Small Businesses
- Anne Arundel County is offering a Small Business Customer & Employee Protection Grant.
- Baltimore City has created a grant fund to assist local manufacturers with start-up costs related to the production of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Read more. They are also providing $15,000 grants to small business enterprises in certain commercial areas. Apply here.
- Baltimore County has announced $10 million in new grant funding for small businesses, as well as $100,000 for impacted artists, musicians, and performers. Small businesses can apply on the department’s economic and workforce development website starting May 11.
- The City of Brunswick has created a micro-grant program with a one-time award of $1,000 with no repayment due.
- Carroll County is offering funds through the “Carroll Rebound” program which will provide grant funding for businesses demonstrating need to help offset the financial losses as a result of the pandemic. Read more.
- Cecil County is offering a new relief loan program called Cecil Catalyst. An application can be found here.
- Charles County has created the COVID-19 Business Relief Fund to help local businesses during this pandemic.
- Frederick County is asking businesses and nonprofits to complete this survey to assess the needs of the community.
- Garrett County is offering a Small Business Pandemic Interim Loan.
- The City of Hagerstown is offering grants up to $750 through its Spring Sprouts Grant program.
- Harford County is offering relief grants to small businesses and farmers.
- Montgomery County has created an emergency grant program to provide $20 million in funding for those impacted by the pandemic.
- Prince George’s County is providing $15 million for the COVID-19 Business Relief Fund. Small businesses will have access to loans up to $100,000 and grant funding of up to $10,000. Read more.
Resources for Reopening
- Sources for Critical Supplies for Businesses, Including Masks, Sanitizer, and Sneeze Guards
- Maryland Strong Roadmap to Recovery Reopening Phases Plan
- Maryland Department of Commerce Best Practices for Businesses to Reopen
- Back to Business ToolKit for Jewelers
- Reopening Tips from MRA Partner Franklin & Prokopik
- Strategic Plans and Actions for Operating during COVID-19, as Compiled by Best Buy
- CDC Resources for Businesses and Employers
- CDC Updated List of COVID-19 Symptoms
- Department of Homeland Security Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce
- EPA’s Approved Disinfectants for Use Against COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) FAQ
- FDA COVID-19 Safety FAQ
- FDA Food Safety FAQ
- Fisher Phillips Comprehensive FAQs For Employers On The COVID-19 Coronavirus
- Food Industry Association State Coronavirus Resources Page
- Food Industry Association’s Federal Priorities
- Grocery Industry FAQ
- HR6201 Families First Summary
- National Grocers Association/Food Industry Association Recommended Protocols for Employees Testing Positive
- National Retail Federation Coronavirus Resources for Retailers
Maryland Updates and Resources
You can view the full list of Maryland’s COVID-19 pandemic executive orders, proclamations, and interpretive guidance here.
- FEMA Approves Maryland’s Application for Additional $300 Per Week In Federal Unemployment Benefits
- Additional COVID-19 Loans Now Available for Maryland Small Businesses
- Governor Hogan Announces Expanded Statewide Mask Order, Out-of-State Travel Advisory
- Governor Hogan Encourages County Leaders to Enforce Coronavirus Regulations in Public Spaces
- Governor Hogan Announces $190 Million in COVID-19 Relief for Small Businesses, Higher Education, and Nonprofit Organizations
- Statewide Styrofoam Ban Postponed Until October 1, 2020
- City of Westminster Plastic Bag Ban Postponed Until July 1, 2021
- Governor Hogan Announces Next Stage Two Reopenings, Including Indoor Dining and Outdoor Amusements
- Governor Hogan Announces Beginning of Stage Two of Maryland’s COVID-19 Recovery, Safe and Gradual Reopening of Workplaces and Businesses
- MRA releases COVID-19 Retail Advisory Group recommendations
- Maryland Department of Human Services to Provide Over $66 Million in Additional SNAP Benefits to More Than 319,000 Maryland Households in Response to COVID-19
- Maryland Medicaid Fee-for-Service Program No Longer Requiring Signatures for Prescription Delivery
- Governor Hogan Announces Maryland’s Official Designation for SBA Economic Injury Loans During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Emergency Declaration
- Hours of service exemptions now applied for transport of:
- Food, paper products and other groceries for emergency restocking of distribution centers or stores
- Immediate precursor raw materials—such as paper, plastic or alcohol—that are required and to be used for the manufacture of essential items
- Hours of service exemptions now applied for transport of:
- Maryland Nonprofit Recovery Initiative
- The Traffic Group Offers Pro Bono Traffic and Safety Planning Services to Restaurants Expanding with Outdoor Seating
- State Recovery Page with Interactive Map of Reopened Jurisdictions
- Interactive Map of COVID-19 Testing Sites in Maryland
- General Liability COVID-19 Quick Guide
- MRA’s Safe Shopping Tips
- Template to Request Governors to Designate Food Workers as First Responders
- State of Emergency Grocery Hours in Response to COVID-19
- Maryland Unites: Resources from the Office of Governor Hogan
- Governor Hogan’s COVID-19 Information for Businesses
- Expanded MD WIC Services During COVID-19
- Maryland Board of Pharmacy Guidelines for Maryland’s State of Emergency
- Maryland Business Express Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information for Businesses
- HB1663 State Government – State of Emergency and Catastrophic Health Emergency – Authority of Governor and Unemployment Insurance Benefits (COVID–19 Public Health Emergency Protection Act of 2020)
- SB1080 State Government – State of Emergency and Catastrophic Health Emergency – Authority of Governor and Unemployment Insurance Benefits (COVID–19 Public Health Emergency Protection Act of 2020)